Feeling a little down and draggy with your energy after the holiday parties and festivities? Did you have too many Christmas Cookies or holiday cocktails? Or did you just eat too much heavy food? Here is our list of 8 options you can start adding into your diet to help the slog on your digestion. Not only is good digestion great for energy but these items also have anti- inflammatory benefits for those of you with arthritis or injuries. Overwhelmed? Try adding one item in each week consistently to make it easy and manageable.
Aside from these eight foods you can also cleanse by sweating, drinking lots of water, and getting extra movement in. If you feel lazy, try a hot bath or sauna. Keep a big water bottle at your desk. Try walking on your lunch break. I personally am adding in fish oil, olive oil, and leafy greens back in my daily routine and have noticed a difference. Here's to starting out smarter and healthier for the New Year!
BEST FOODS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
1) Leafy greens. Green leafy vegetables are high in chlorophyll and soak up a lot of toxins from the bloodstream and have good source of fiber helping you feel full longer to help with weight loss.
2) Cruciferous Vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables are a major source of glutathione which helps with tissue repair.
3) Fatty fish - has high does of omega 3. Make sure it is wild caught not farmed. This helps with inflammation.
4) Green Juice - higher concentration of greens with easier digestion.
5) Garlic - has selenium, which helps liver detox.
6) Walnuts - also contain glutathione, omega 3 and omega 6.
7) Spices - milk thistle, ginger, turmeric, licorice root, dandelion root. You can add ginger and turmeric to food, the others you can also drink as a tea.
8) Olive Oil - has hydroxytyrosol which helps draw out fat from the liver. link here for the research