Jessa Freeman, Founder & Owner
Jessa is a Portland native who has been involved with dance and physical fitness all of her life. She trained to become a professional ballet dancer from the age of 5. She graduated with a BFA in Ballet from the U of Utah and danced professionally in High School and College.
During her college years, after several injuries Jessa became interested in Pilates. In 2007 Jessa worked under Ellie Herman the creator of the studio equipment, the Springboard. Pilates was her path to staying healthy and balanced.
- BFA in Dance – Professional Ballet Dancer
- AFAA Group Fitness Certified
- Pilates Mat Certified
- Zumba Fitness Basic, Gold, and Toning Licensed
- Mamalates (pre and postnatal pilates) Certified
- FMS (Functional Movement Systems) Certified
- Tabata Bootcamp Certified
- She trained under Lisa Corsello’s method of pilates and cardio
- Booty Barre certified
Clients Have said…
- “She is one of the most talented, creative instructors. She is wonderfully dynamic and an attentive leader, professional, and knowledgable.”
- mod physique class format “is waaay better than Barre3.”
- She has helped women push out 10 pound babies and another in little as 3 contractions.
“Jessa is a phenomenal trainer! She is an expert in her field. Jessa is very committed to her craft. She knows the human body. She keeps it fresh and fun by changing up the routine each session so it keeps it challenging as well. She is an exceptional instructor and I highly recommend her. After 4 sessions with Jessa my friends were asking me what I was doing to look so good. So I stepped it up to an additional session each week. Now I am stronger in my 40’s than I was in my 20’s and more defined.”
- Danced in the 2002 Olympic Ceremonies
- Took a year off from any physical exercise to see what it would be like
- Knows the words to the Chaquita Banana Song
- Favorite movies are Dirty Dancing and FlashDance
- love to hike, bike, go to the ocean,
About her teaching experience: “I love seeing small gains, inside and out, when people take the journey towards health. I love making people smile and laugh when it gets tough. My classes focus on good posture and having fun. Teaching has made it relevant to me that it really is possible to make change happen at any point in your life, it’s never too late. You just have to want it. I’m really excited to be a part of that journey with you.